Vigilant offers several training options to help your employees and supervisors understand the laws prohibiting harassment and, more importantly, their responsibility to maintain a respectful work environment. Each interactive class uses examples relevant to your work environment to show why certain behavior is inappropriate and how your company will respond. All classes are taught by Vigilant Law Group attorneys and are conducted in-person unless otherwise noted.
This class meets California’s requirement for training supervisors in preventing sexual harassment and bullying. In addition to reviewing California-specific laws prohibiting sexual harassment, hostile work environment, and retaliation, this class addresses how a supervisor’s action or inaction can create liability for the company. We will apply the law, your policy, and your culture to challenging examples, and discuss how to spot, confront, and document inappropriate behavior.
By the end of this training program, you will be able to:
- List three types of illegal harassment.
- Identify behavior that constitutes illegal harassment and bullying.
- Understand your rights and resposibilities in your company policies.
- (For supervisors) Describe two ways employers can be held liable for harassment.
- (For supervisors) Learn how to spot, confront, and document harassing and inappropriate behavior.